I am grateful to Koy Miskin for sharing photos of mom and dad Rushotn from early on.
I like this early photo of Rich and Armenia
I think that this is a perfectly good place to start.
My hope and wish is to add their life histories and personal antidotes from their lives
Here is a life story Armenia wrote.
My father's name was William Alvin Tillman, my mother's Hatty Naomi tollman. He was the son of Joshua Alvin Tolman and Mary Jane Gorringe Tolman they moved to Oakley, Idaho when my father was two years old.
I was born in a little log cabin with a drift roof, June 10th, 1908, at 1 p.m. in Marion, Idaho, Cassia County. Mother said it rained for a week or two and our Log House Began to leak. They had to place buckets and pans around to catch the water. It was Gooseberry time and mother picked over gooseberries all day to get them done. That's why I like gooseberries so well.
Mother was a good mother, housekeeper, and cook. She taught us to work, play, go to church and live the gospel. She was a very powerful woman and she taught us the same. She never asked us to do anything but what she set the example first. She had a firm testimony. She raised a big family of 11 children, worked in the church, and help the poor, needy, and sick. She was an angel here on Earth. My father worked hard to give us the necessary things of life. He knew the scriptures and could explain them very well. He gave me a whipping one time that taught me to obey. I have never forgotten it.
As I look back on my childhood I think of the good meals mother used to cook, good butter she made, head cheese, Delicious Pies, meat cooked just right and that bread, always some bread and honey when we came home from school.
The cleaning we always help to do, put straw under carpets and tacking carpet down. The old cook-stove kept shining. They're roasted pine nuts in the fall, I can smell them now. All those Dippers of corn were put out to dry. I still remember picking gooseberries and taking the stems off of them, peeling apples and shelling peas.
When I think of dad I can picture him whistling and humming tunes and playing his harmonica. He could play many tunes that I especially remember  "The Bear Went Over the Mountain" and "Red River Valley." He always used to call us early in the morning and tell us to get up and listen to the birdies sing, or he would say if you dance you have to pay for the music. We would then crawl out of bed and thin beats, pick potatoes, herd sheep and cows or many other numerous things I could mention. What lovely memories of Home ties.
I was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by Robert Smith in the Mary Ann Ward on July 9th, 1916. As a child I remember my sister Emma and I used to herd sheep and cows out of alfalfa. Dad had an old slaughterhouse we used to kill and cut and sell meat. We would cut paper dolls out of Montgomery Ward catalog. We especially like to the ones with pink dresses on. Our brother Bill would tear them and we would have to wait until the next catalog came before we could cut more.
The worst thing I ever had to do was ten my brother's, who were all younger. They were mean especially Bill and Alma. I used to worry about coil oil lamps burning up the house too. Those lamps were something to keep clean. I had to clean the chimneys many times. I remember spending all day over that stove, ironing shirts for my brothers etcetera.
When my fourth brother, Wendell, was born I wouldn't even look at him for two weeks. I cried and told Mother to take him back and get a sister. I guess that is why I have always been close to Bernice because she came to our home next.
We would get up at 5 o'clock a.m. and turn clothes through the hand washer before going to school. Then we had to walk two and a half miles to school. The teacher had to rub our hands as they would be so cold in the winter time.
We picked up potatoes, and beets etcetera. The last time I send them before I was married Leola and I charged overalls and straw hats. When we were through we sent Bernice on a horse to get our money and she lost it. A lot of hard work for nothing. But I guess hard work never hurt anyone. 
I went to elementary school in a two-room building, for grades in a room. It was the Island School in Cassia County.
Teachers I remember best were 1. My fifth grade teacher Miss Madison. She had auburn hair, braided and put around her head. She drill does on fractions until I thought I'd never forget them. The whole room played hooky one day after we heard the school bell ring. We decided to buy some peanuts at the store and go back. We showered her with them. She made us take the test and we had a party the next day. 2. My 7th grade teacher was Harrison Barrus. He has taught seminary in District 93 for many years and now works as a temple officiator in Idaho Falls. 3. My 8th grade teacher was a favorite. She made me feel important. She used to read Tarzan Adventures 2 us. I took part in a Christmas play where I got to wear her coat with a fur collar. She was small and I had my full growth at that time so it just fit me. I was so proud. She married Ben F. Link, a retired railroad man. They lived in Pocatello. We have kept in touch all these years.
When I graduated from 8th grade I had my hair curled and had my first boughten dress. It was lavender with pink flowers. There were four boys and two girls, Myrtle Coranny and I. Her and I sang at our graduation, if you can imagine that.
I went to high school at Oakley rule hi. When I was a sophomore, mother's health wasn't good. I had to stay home and help her. Even though it was hard I went back the next year. Bill and I graduated together in 1928.
I went to work as a knight operator in the telephone office. I worked for my board and room. I worked two years, help my family, and managed to save $85 besides. At that time Bill was on a mission.
I was fortunate and receiving a scholarship from our stake to go to Rick's College. I left for Rexburg and September. I had only been there once before. In the rush and excitement I had forgotten to send word to my aunt Lucinda that I was coming. Leaving all my things at the hotel lobby I began walking the streets wondering what to do. I guess I had walked for about two hours. My prayers must have been answered because I finally met my aunt and her daughter, Mary.
I went to church the next day. Monday I registered in school I failed the English Entrance Test along with most of the students. We had to take what they called bonehead English. I discovered that I had forgotten much in two years, however this class refresh my memory greatly.
Many times I became discouraged, but I managed to struggle through. I graduated in 1932. I then tried to find work as a teacher but schools were not demanding teachers at that time. I found a job working for Jack simplot's wife in Burley for $4 a week and board and room. It was while I was working here that I got a job teaching in Iona. I came there to teach in 1935.
I haven't been working long when I met Rich Rushton. It didn't take long for the Love Bug to bite us and we were married ion April 11th, 1936 in my home by Bishop Eugene Pickett.
We are blessed with five lovely children, 4 girls and one boy. Our oldest was Dorothy, named after one of riches favorite school teachers, next was Martha, named after Richie's mother then Jill, Maxine and Richard James.
On July 27th, 1955 we were privileged to go through the temple and be sealed for Time and Eternity. It was a wonderful experience for us both and I had waited 19 long years for this privilege. All my brothers and sisters and mother went through with us. Afterwards we all met at Bernice's home for dinner. She made a wedding cake for us to add to this wonderful event.
When Jim was old enough to go to first grade in 1955 I went back to teaching because of financial problems. I took classes in Pocatello several Summers and finally earned enough credits to get my b.a. degree. Graduation was a very special day for me also because all my children and my brothers and sisters who could attend were there to share this experience with me. Since I was married I have taught 16 years. My patriarchal blessing given me when I was just a baby, by my great-grandfather Brigos promised me I would teach the young. A great privilege it is. I hope I have planted a few good seeds along the way.
I retired in May 1972 because the doctor thought it was best for my health. I have tried to serve our heavenly father throughout my life by working in the different auxiliaries in the church. I worked as a secretary of the primary and a beehive teacher in the MIA before I was married. Since then I have served as a beehive teacher again, not Sunday school after that. I was a counselor in the primary for five years under sister Ida Conrad. Then I worked in the MIA again as a cleaner leader, attendance secretary, speech director, then a beehive teacher again. Now I am teaching the 9 and 10 year olds in Sunday school.
I have also served as Relief Society president, counselor, and visiting teacher. I am now serving as a visiting teacher again. I have been Secretary of the daughters of the Pioneers for four years, Captain for four years, vice-captain for years, and now I prepare the lessons each month for the meeting.
I have served the community by working in the local PTA and in the presidency of the PTA Council and District 93.
Rich and I have worked hard and plan together and we are so proud of our children, who are living such good lives. We are proud of our sons in law, daughter-in-law, and also our grandchildren. Our love goes to all of them. We cherish them as the best things in our lives I am thankful everyday of my life for the wonderful blessings that are mine.
I shall relate some of the faith promoting incidents in my life. When I was just a small girl I became very ill. My father and Uncle administered to me and I felt better right away.
One time when my youngest brother was two years old he got spinal meningitis. I was quarantined out but my mother told me about him. She said "I've been in a lot of sickness but never have I seen anyone so sick." A new doctor had just come to our town and my brother was his first case. He was five days working on him, he had tapped his spine, which was generally all that was needed, but his fever did not subside and he did not improve. The dr. Finally said that he would be back in two hours and if you wasn't better he would have to tap his spine again. Mother knew he could not stand anymore so they knelt down and prayed and when the doctor returned his face was Broken Out In sores and his fever had left. He soon recovered and has suffered no bad effects from his moments.
With my daughter, Dorothy, was six, she had her tonsils out period a few days after we brought her home from the hospital she started to Hemorrhage and we could not get hold of the doctor so we called the elders to administer to her. The bleeding soon stopped and I am sure it was through her faith and ours that she was healed.
When our son, Jimmy, was 7 months old he had bronchial pneumonia. He couldn't nurse anymore and he had never had the bottle so he wouldn't take his milk that way. What he had to eat was the little bit of milk he would drink out of a glass. We took him to the hospital on a Saturday and Sunday night when we left him I felt I could not stand to see him suffer any longer so I knelt down with my husband in prayer. Our prayers are certainly answered because when I went into the hospital the next morning he was much better. It generally takes 3 days for a change to take place but this was only the second day.
I would now like to pay a special tribute to my family. When Rich and I were married it was the happiest moment of my life. I was 28 and he was 32. He has always been a good husband and showed me respect. He has a great sense of humor and teases me constantly. This of course, has helped to make our lives more pleasant. Yes, Rich, I love you as much as any wife can love a husband. You have so many fine qualities that I wish I had and I'm sure that our children inherited many of them from you and your back ground. I only hope and pray that someday you might see the importance of religion in your life, however, I love you just the same anyway.
When our first little one was born and placed in my arms I rejoiced. Dorothy was around faced, brown-eyed, black haired little bundle of joy. She was the first girl in the rest and family for a long time and they all thought of her as a little angel Sent From Heaven. She was always a good clean girl and was a joy to our lives and still is.
Then there was Martha, a lovely sweet Spirit also. She has brought so much joy into our home. She seems to have a special talent as a seamstress and is real Handy as a homemaker. She is a good mother and wife. She also serves the Lord diligently, radiating as she performs her duties in the church and in life.
Then came Jill. Of course, by this time we were anxiously awaiting a boy. However, we wouldn't trade her sweet spirit for a million boys as she has brought us joy Untold. She has always been very unselfish and thinks of the Comforts of others. She seemed to be a peacemaker in the family.
Then Maxine was a lovely baby. She had a round little face and seem to be a little darker complected then the other children. Grandpa roast and shows her name because he had always loved that name. At first your father was quite disappointed that she was not a boy but she managed to fill a place in his heart too. She seems to have the humor of her Father, which is something I hope she will always keep. When she married and left home so young it took something out of our home that we have missed so much. She is a very good mother and has developed her talents so much since she has been married.
All of our girls are very dear and have filled our hopes and dreams. Finally, after such a long wait we got our boy, Jimmy, bless him. I hope you will always respect and honor your father. I'm sure he would lay down his life for you and any of his children.
We were so proud of Jimmy when he was old enough to hold the priesthood. He was active in each Quorum. He also received his duty to God award in scouting. We were especially happy when he was called on a mission. He filled and honorable Mission and married a year after he returned.
We are proud of the lives of all our children and the way they try to keep the Commandments of our heavenly father.
I am thankful for my Heritage and for my husband's fine Pioneer ancestors. I am grateful to my mother and father for the fine example they set for me and for their teachings. I am proud to be a member of the Latter-Day Saint Church and my testimony grow stronger each day of my life.
If anyone has their histories in electronic form I would love a copy. I would also take a printed copy and I will
see that it is included in this web site for all to see and access.